1.Week before I washed my hair and applied Motions CPR protein treatment to strengthen my hair before I Relax. Normally I don't worry about doing protein treatments the week before but since I would be relaxing parts of my hair that had already been relaxed I felt it was needed.
1. I detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb since I hadn't comb it at all during the week in order to let take a break.
2. Applied Vaseline around the hairline of my head, my ears and to my scalp
3.Parted my hair in 4 sections and relaxed using the half and half method (back of hair then the front) with Mizani BB Relaxer in Regular Strength.
4.After applying the relaxer to the new growth in that half I then applied the relaxer to the under processed hair after about 5 min., I let it sit about 10 more minutes. I could have let it stayed in longer but being this was my first time using this relaxer I decided to wash it out.
5. Then I rinsed the hair with Elasta QP Naturalizing Shampoo 3 times and the last rinse I let it sit on the hair for 5 min to make sure the relaxer was completely out.
6.Followed up with Motions CPR Protein Treatment, Rinsed and applied Elasta QP DPR- 11
7. About a hour and a half later siting around (I fall asleep) with deep conditioner under a plastic cap and hat
.I rinsed then T-Shirt dried, applied leave-ins Infusium 23 and Elasta QP
8.Applied Organix Coconut Breakage Serum. This was my first time using this product.
9. Detangled and Trim about a Inch off my ends
10. Air dried with a scarf hair pulled back into a ponytail with the ends twisted.
This Relaxer day took a longer time because I was using the half and half method I had to go back and do everything twice plus I was doing a Corrective instead of just a Retouch.In the end I really loved the results and my hair felt super moisturized .I didn't fell like flat ironing my hair and couldn't find my Rollers to complete my Roller Set.
I didn't do a official length check I'm still wanting to wait until Dec. but will see how that goes
Next Day I take my hair down and wore a Bun.
Top pics before Relaxer
After Relaxer Air Dried Hair